Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Condos for Sale
THE OFFICIAL GUIDE TO MYRTLE BEACH CONDOS – Insider Secrets.
Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Condos For Sale are all up and down the Grand Strand; and there are 1, 2, 3, 4, and even five bedroom condos all over Myrtle Beach. What makes a condo different from any other hotel room is the ownership. A condominium is different from a hotel because a condo is an apartment in a resort that one owns. The front desk does not own the room, the person does. A condo can be in any building that is oceanfront. It can be in a brand new construction or an older building. Condos offer views of the ocean, whether they are oceanfront or ocean view.
What Does a Myrtle Beach Condo Have To Offer?
Condos offer amenities such as indoor pools, outdoor pools, heated pools, lazy rivers, baby pools, kiddie pools, pools with fountains and dumping buckets, themed mini water parks with squirting animals, mushroom fountains, bubble fountains, water slides. Of course, there is oceanfront views of the beach, beach services, parasailing, banana boating, sail boating, kite flying, etc. There are jacuzzis, hot tubs, pool decks, tanning decks, island-themed tiki bars, beachfront bars, on-site restaurants, oceanfront restaurants, breakfast buffets, sandwich shops, coffee shops, and convenience stores. Some condos may offer conference rooms, game rooms, video game rooms, pool tables, air hockey tables, kids rooms, playgrounds, fitness facilities. This guide is going to give you information to make a smart decision about retiring to Myrtle Beach, Buy a vacation property or an investment property.
How Much Is A Condo In Myrtle Beach?
While the market for real estate has been increasing, the sales for oceanfront property investment has been strong. The lure of the beach and ocean has not gone away. There is still much value for oceanfront property and views of direct oceanfront condos in Myrtle Beach. If you are unsure you can afford to purchase a condo, do not be. There are many price ranges for condos. Depending on what you are looking for and what your specifications are, condos can range from $75,000 and up. Condo prices may vary depending on; location, type of construction, condition, and upgrades to a condo. When comparing two condos in the same building, if one has carpet flooring and old appliances and two has granite countertops flooring, large flat-screen TVs and stainless steel appliances, apparently the second condo will be more expensive. You may be able to bring the price down if you have your real estate agent negotiate with the seller.
The Most Popular Locations for Condos in Myrtle Beach
From cheapest to most expensive:
- Condos across the street from the beach and ocean
- Condos with an ocean view
- Myrtle Beach condos away from the beach
- Golf Course Condos
- Condos with angle oceanfront
- Direct oceanfront condos
- Myrtle Beach Condos Across The Street Condos that are across the street can be as cheap as $60,000. Typically, these condos are smaller efficiency style layouts with a single bath and a small kitchenette. Two bedroom condos across the street are $140,000 and up, depending on what amenities, location, the area of the beach, and on-site features the resort offers. Even though these are the cheapest buys, these are predominantly older buildings with more problems such as mold and foundation problems. You will have lower homeowner fees but, in the end, you may end up paying more in repairs. Some condos across the street have poor views to no views at all of the ocean, but there are some cases where you can find a condo that is high enough off the ground where you may have a great view of the sea. Condos across the street may be fixer-uppers, but they can also be real diamonds in the rough.
- Myrtle Beach Condos with an Ocean View The next “level” of condo buying are condos with an ocean view. Condos with an ocean view can be located on either side of the road, but are typically on the ocean side of the road. Ocean view condos have both a view of the ocean and an equal view of the street. If you like to people watch and want a relaxing ocean view to wake up to in the morning, condos with an ocean view are for you. These condos range from $80,000 for one bedroom, $90,000 for one bedroom with a kitchen, and $150,000 for two bedrooms. Again, prices may change depending on amenities, location, area of the beach, and on-site features the resort offers. If you were to compare a condo across the street to an ocean view condo, it is on average about $30,000 for a closer view of the ocean. If you are purchasing a condo as an investment, this may be something you ought to consider. Comparing the two previous “levels” of condos, the second level, ocean view condos, is the more popular buy. Ocean view condos have balcony space, but not as much as a level 4 oceanfront condo. Ocean view condos have excellent views of the beach, but sometimes that view is restricted and without a clear, direct view of the beach. Of course, the landscape is all about the position of the building and the location of the unit in that building.
- Myrtle Beach Condos with an Angle Oceanfront View Level 3 condos are angle oceanfront condos. Angle oceanfront condos are approximately $87,000 for one bedroom with a kitchen and a living room. A 2 bedroom angle oceanfront condo can be about $180,000 to $210,000. As you can see, the price difference between level 2 and level 3 two bedrooms is a little bit more, something to consider for buying a condo property. Then again, the prices will vary depending on amenities, location, area of the beach and on-site features the resort offers. There is a difference between level 2 and level 3 condos beside the price. These condos still have a view of the street, but more of a view of the beach when compared to level 2 ocean view condos. Angle oceanfront condos are exactly what the name is. The condo position is on an angle to the ocean. Angle oceanfront may have some views of the street or none at all, there are however views of the neighboring resort, but mainly the magnificent view of the ocean.
- Myrtle Beach Condos with a Direct Oceanfront View A level 4 direct oceanfront condo is the most popular buy in all condos in Myrtle Beach. Nothing compares to the oceanfront views of a level 4 condo. If you think that you cannot afford an oceanfront condo, you may reconsider after you see the average prices for an efficiency style, one bedroom, and two bedroom oceanfront condo. IF you are renting your condos out, The rental income on an oceanfront condo is usually much more significant than any other style condo. An efficiency style condo, which is an open floor plan condo with a small kitchenette, typically one or two twin beds and a bathroom can start at about $90,000. A one bedroom oceanfront condo is only $28,000 more dollars at $118,000. A one bedroom unit includes a kitchen, possibly a living and dining space and a separate bathroom. Keep in mind that condos with a steady rental income start at about the $118,000 price range. Steady rental income may be a consideration if you are looking for someone to help pay for your investment. Two bedroom oceanfront condos start at $190,000 to $250,000 and may include one or two bathrooms, a large kitchen, a dining area, and a lovely balcony. This style condo will also have unobstructed views where you can look completely up and the beach to the north and the south. Typically speaking, direct oceanfront condos will have a large balcony, and you may also have a view overlooking the pool, with the beach and ocean view. There will be nothing blocking or distracting your view of the ocean. Once again, prices will change according to amenities, location, quality of resort, rental history, area of the beach and on-site features the resort offers.
Best Condo Investment in Myrtle Beach
The best condos are the ones that usually have the best rental income as well. People and renters vote with their dollar and come back year after year. If the renter likes the resort, they will usually come back the following year. If the renter doesn’t want the resort, they will often keep looking and book somewhere else the next year. That’s why the higher ranked resorts and condos get the best rental income. They are, and always have been, the best performers. Even when the market was down and also when the market was up, these top properties have consistently produced high income for their owners. There is more to picking a condo than just the ocean view. Once you get out on the balcony of an apartment, they all have a million dollar view. It’s the “what else” that is the most important thing. You can have two condos in two separate buildings sitting side by side, and one unit can outproduce the other significantly. The reason you want an expert real estate agent that can help you tell the difference between a cash machine and the other an alligator that can eat you alive. One can put money in your checking account every month and the other your writing a check for every month to own it. On paper, and side by side may look the same…but there are vast differences.
What Does The Myrtle Beach Location Have To Offer?
Moderate temperatures year-round, Low taxes, low cost of living and beach lifestyle are only some of the reasons Myrtle Beach is the #2 fastest growing metro area in the nation. The Grand Strand features some of the lowest prices for beach condos in the country! If you purchase a Myrtle Beach condo, there are plenty of things to do in Myrtle Beach.
Broadway at the Beach is an outdoor shopping center with restaurants, shops and entertainment for the entire family. It has also won the governor’s cup award and is one of the top attractions in the state of South Carolina.
Other Top Attractions in Myrtle Beach:
- Barefoot Landing
- The Market Commons
- Alligator Adventure
- The Alabama Theatre
- The Carolina Opry
- Legends in Concert
- Myrtle Waves Water Park
- Pavilion Nostalgia Park
- Mini golf
- Beachfront stores
- Downtown section of Myrtle Beach
- The Slingshot
- Game rooms and arcades
- The Myrtle Beach Pinball Museum
- The Gay Dolphin
- Ripley’s Aquarium
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Museum
- Ripley’s 3D Moving Adventure
- Ripley’s Mirror Maze
- Ripley’s Haunted Adventure
- The Boulevard
- Wild Water and Wheels
- Movie Theatres
- Rock Walls
- Tanger Outlets
- Restaurant Row
- 1700 Restaurants
- and much, much more!
How Do I Make A Return On Investment?
When you purchase a condominium, you can rent it out through the front desk, rent it out yourself using a website likeVRBO.com or use an off-site rental privately owned company. Each option has its benefits; it just depends on what results you are looking to accomplish. To help you make a smart choice, be sure you work with one of the team members at Jerry Pinkas Real Estate Experts. They will guide you through the process and help you avoid the pitfalls that are costly. When you meet with them in person, they will give you all the details, including the good, the bad and the ugly. Once you have all the information, you can make an educated decision. Anyone can look at pictures and prices online. But getting all the correct information, seeing condos side by side, knowing if there is pending litigation in the complex, future assessments, rental history, income, insurance, and total expenses, will make an excellent long-term investment.
Which Condos Make The Best Long-Term Investments
The properties with the highest gross rental dollars, usually are the best investments. But there are other things to consider as well. Consider things like the homeowners assoc fees. What is included the fee and what’s not included in the charges are equally important. What are your total costs for all expenses like, insurance, water, electric, cable TV, Internet, pool service, cleaning, and maintenance are just a few of the things to consider. The internet is a useful tool, but won’t answer all your questions. A local real estate expert can help you out people always say they want low HOA fees, but something that’s not really what you want. Online searches won’t tell you what is included and what is not included. When comparing two condos side by side one may have a lower HOA, and on paper look like the one to choose, but be the worst choice because it has a small monthly HOA fee, but doesn’t include insurance, unit electric or wireless internet. The other unit may have a higher cost but has a lower total monthly cost, when you add up all the actual expenses. These are expenses that have to be paid one way or the other.
How To Pick The Best Condo Homeowners Association
Some homeowners associations are very efficient with the budgets, and others are very weak. The homeowners’ associations that have budgeted the proper amount are usually the best choice as well. The soft homeowners’ associations who don’t budget correctly, are always asking for a cash call from all homeowners to cover some expenses. Yes the HOA is low, but your paying for it one way or the other. On the other hand, the Homeowners association that is very efficient always budget correctly and save owners money, so when its time to say replace the carpets in the hallways or upgrade the lighting around the resort, that money is already accounted for, they do the replacement without any additional costs to the owners. These are usually the best place to make your investment.
Oceanfront Condos For Sale In Myrtle Beach
A question we get asked all the time is; Do you have a complete list of every condo for sale? So we decided to not only record every oceanfront condo but every condo community in the Myrtle Beach area. Call it the complete guide to every condominium on the Grand Strand!
This comprehensive guide to all condos on in Myrtle Beach
North Ocean Blvd Oceanfront Condos for Sale
Condos For Sale On North Ocean Blvd in Myrtle Beach SC
- Anderson Ocean Club condos
- Bay View Resort Condos
- Beach Colony condos
- Boardwalk Resort Oceanfront Condos
- Breakers Resort
- Camelot by the Sea
- Caravelle Resort
- Caribbean Resort and Villas
- Carolina Dunes
- Carolinian Oceanfront Inn
- Chelsea House
- Dunes Village Resort
- Forest Dunes Oceanfront Resort
- Holiday Inn Pavilion
- Island Vista Oceanfront Resort
- Long Bay Resort
- Monterey Bay Suites
- Ocean Dunes Resort and Villas
- Ocean Forest Villas
- Ocean Reef Resort
- Ocean Villas Beach and Racquet Hotel
- Patricia Grande Resort
- Roxanne Towers
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion
- South Wind on the Ocean
- St Clement’s Suites
- St John’s Inn
- The Anchorage Oceanfront Condos
- The Palms Resort
South Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Condos for Sale
Condos For Sale on South Ocean Blvd in Myrtle Beach
- BlueWater Oceanfront Resort
- Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort
- Coral Beach Resort
- David’s Landing Resort
- Jonathon Harbour Resort
- La Mirage
- Landmark Resort
- Myrtle Beach Villas
- Ocean Blue Resort
- Ocean One Resort
- Ocean Park Resort
- Palace Resort
- Palmetto Vista Condos
- Regency Towers
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort
- Sandy Beach Resort
- Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort
- Wave Rider Resort
The Jerry Pinkas Team knows all about Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Condos. If you feel that you still have questions or would like to know more information about condos in the Myrtle Beach area, feel free to contact us at The Jerry Pinkas Team Office: 843-839-9870. We are well-knowledged and strive to give our clients the best service possible. When you talk to a member of the Jerry Pinkas Real Estate Team, you are talking to a friendly, smart, and successful real estate agent.
We look forward to talking to our future Myrtle Beach real estate clients. For More Information about our team members, CLICK HERE.
Award Winning – Top Ranked – Highly Recommended – Jerry Pinkas Real Estate Experts
You Have Questions…We Have Answers!