Homes For Sale in Little River SC Learn More about the Little River South Carolina Community
Located about 20 miles north of Myrtle Beach is the town of Little River, South Carolina. Home to some 9,000 residents, it is one the oldest and most unique towns on the Grand Strand. Little River is known for its annual Blue Crab Festival, fresh seafood, fishing charters, and historic oak trees that are centuries old. Residents enjoy the slower pace of life of this fishing town while being close to the attractions of Myrtle Beach.
Little River has a rich history dating back to the Civil War. It’s the first known community in Horry County and was a trading port and fishing community.
Little River Shopping & Dining
Residents of Little River have a number of great options for local shopping and dining. Little River Village Shopping Center offers several stores including Food Lion. For women’s fashions and accessories, Sea Island Trading offers unique and fashionable items. Pirates’ Treasure House is a fun place to find a large variety of pirate and nautical items.
Little River is an outstanding place to find great restaurants, especially due to the local fishermen. The Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro is one of the finest restaurants in Little River, featuring fresh local seafood and award-winning dishes. Located in an old church, The Parson’s Table offers juicy prime rib and other steakhouse fares. For a taste of Italy, Chianti South offers the best Italian cuisine in Little River. Other great places to dine in Little River are Berry’s Seafood, Mama Jean’s Restaurant, and Clark’s Seafood and Chop House.
Little River Parks & Recreation
Due to being a vacation destination, there’s no shortage of recreation activities in Little River. The Blue Crab Festival is a huge draw for visitors every year on the waterfront in May, featuring fresh seafood, arts, and music from the area.
Las Vegas-style gambling boats, such as The Big “M” Casino, are another popular to pass the time in Little River. The Intracoastal Waterway offers many opportunities for playing on the water.
Vereen’s Memorial Gardens features numerous hiking trails and wooden boardwalks that let you walk across several lovely salt marshes and small islands.
Visitors and residents also enjoy exploring the area on horseback. Wampee Stables offers to ride trails that take about 1.5 hours and are affordably priced.
Living in Little River
Little River benefits from a median home price of $172,500, making homes for sale in Little River affordable for first-time buyers and those looking to buy a vacation home. This makes Little River an ideal place to buy a home for those looking for an affordable home that’s near to the attractions of Myrtle Beach, but want a slower pace of life.
Little River Education
Education is provided by Horry County Schools and includes such schools as North Myrtle Beach High School, Waterway Elementary School, and North Myrtle Beach Middle School.
If you are thinking about buying Little River real estate or selling a home in Little River, give us a call at (843) 839-9870 or send us an email to explore your options and to find out when is the best time for you to make a move.
Top Areas & Neighborhoods
- Myrtle Beach SC3132
- North Myrtle Beach1095
- Horry County7336
- Carolina Forest SC117
- Cherry Grove SC19
- Conway SC1157
- Garden City SC134
- Grande Dunes167
- Little River SC468
- Longs and Loris SC272
- Murrells Inlet SC565
- Pawleys Island SC796
- Surfside Beach SC255
- 55+ Communities65
- Myrtle Beach Golf Course Communities807
- Intracoastal Waterway210
- Myrtle Beach Luxury Homes332
- New Homes Myrtle Beach1274
- Oceanfront Condo Complexes in Myrtle Beach SC1049
- Oceanfront Homes74
- Myrtle Beach SC Homes For Sale
- North Myrtle Beach Real Estate
- Horry County Homes for Sale
- Homes for Sale in Carolina Forest SC
- Cherry Grove SC Homes for Sale
- Conway SC Guide – Plan Your Move To Conway South Carolina
- Garden City SC Guide – Plan Your Move To The Beach – Garden City SC
- Grande Dunes Homes For Sale
- Little River SC Homes For Sale
- Longs and Loris SC
- Murrells Inlet Guide – Plan Your Move To The Beach – Murrells Inlet SC
- Pawleys Island SC Guide to Homes for Sale
- Surfside Beach SC Homes For Sale
- Myrtle Beach SC 55+ Communities
- Golf Course Homes for Sale in Myrtle Beach, SC
- Intracoastal Waterway Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Luxury Homes
- New Homes For Sale In Myrtle Beach SC
- THE BEST Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Condo Resorts
- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Homes For Sale