The Myrtle Beach Intracoastal Waterway Guide to learning more about the homes, condos, lots and land along the IWC Intracoastal Waterway in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Intracoastal Waterway Homes For Sale Myrtle Beach SC
The Intracoastal Waterway of Myrtle Beach (IWC) offers virtually endless opportunities for fun and relaxation in the water as you enjoy the beauty of nature. There are many neighborhoods situated along the waterway offer residents and guests amazing views of the water, beautiful boats passing by.
In South Carolina, the waterway is 203 miles long and has an average of between 9 to 11 feet deep. The Myrtle Beach Intracoastal Waterway is mainly used for recreation, but during the spring and fall months boat traffic picks up substantially. If you own a condo or home on the IWC you can watch the boats migrate south from colder climates to warmer climates and vice versa during the spring. Also, there is a fair amount of commercial cargo traffic traveling along the “water roadway”
Benefits to living on the Intracoastal Waterway in Myrtle Beach
- Watersports – You can Jet Ski, paddleboard, kayak, canoe or with convenience
- Your Own Private Boat Dock – You can have your own boat dock right at your back door or enjoy the visual beauty filled with plenty of activity for boaters
- Access to the Atlantic Ocean – Fresh seafood & relaxation
- Beautiful Views – enjoy the ever-changing slow-moving parade of sailboats, yachts, and boats passing by or just relax while bird watching.
- Restaurants and Entertainment – Barfoot Resort, Marina Inn at Grande Dunes as well as the many other restaurants along with pretty scenery.
- Crabbing & Fishing – crab pots are a popular sight with a string hanging from docks and floating markers in the waterway near the mouth of the inlets at Murrells Inlet and Little River
Myrtle Beach Intracoastal Waterway Homes for Sale
Thee entire Intracoastal Waterway is a nearly 3,000-mile-long and is an inland waterway that runs along the Atlantic Ocean. It runs from Boston around the southern tip of Florida and follows the Gulf Coast all the way to Brownsville Texas. The Army Core of Engineers maintains the waterway to a navigable depth of around 12 feet.
So is it Intracoastal or Intercoastal? Many people use both, but is really is Intra. This waterway is a body of water that boats can navigate and is made of man-made canals natural inlets, saltwater rivers, and bays.
When you live in a condo or home on the water, you can sit back on your balcony, relax enjoy a cool breeze while watching the yachts and jet skis go by. Many exquisite homes have been constructed on the shores and an evening boat ride can provide some unique site seeing.
Your visitors many enjoy renting a pontoon boat for the day or jet skis by the hour. You can have fun with eco or dolphin sightseeing tour, dinner cruise or fish charter which is available at several at many Myrtle Beach marinas: Coquina Harbor in Little River, Harbor Gate Marina, Dock Holiday’s Marina, Barefoot Resort and Grande Dunes.
Additional Intracoastal Waterway Homes For Sale in Myrtle Beach
Top Areas & Neighborhoods
- Myrtle Beach SC3132
- North Myrtle Beach1095
- Horry County7336
- Carolina Forest SC117
- Cherry Grove SC19
- Conway SC1157
- Garden City SC134
- Grande Dunes167
- Little River SC468
- Longs and Loris SC272
- Murrells Inlet SC565
- Pawleys Island SC796
- Surfside Beach SC255
- 55+ Communities65
- Myrtle Beach Golf Course Communities807
- Intracoastal Waterway210
- Myrtle Beach Luxury Homes332
- New Homes Myrtle Beach1274
- Oceanfront Condo Complexes in Myrtle Beach SC1049
- Oceanfront Homes74
- Myrtle Beach SC Homes For Sale
- North Myrtle Beach Real Estate
- Horry County Homes for Sale
- Homes for Sale in Carolina Forest SC
- Cherry Grove SC Homes for Sale
- Conway SC Guide – Plan Your Move To Conway South Carolina
- Garden City SC Guide – Plan Your Move To The Beach – Garden City SC
- Grande Dunes Homes For Sale
- Little River SC Homes For Sale
- Longs and Loris SC
- Murrells Inlet Guide – Plan Your Move To The Beach – Murrells Inlet SC
- Pawleys Island SC Guide to Homes for Sale
- Surfside Beach SC Homes For Sale
- Myrtle Beach SC 55+ Communities
- Golf Course Homes for Sale in Myrtle Beach, SC
- Intracoastal Waterway Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Luxury Homes
- New Homes For Sale In Myrtle Beach SC
- THE BEST Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Condo Resorts
- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Homes For Sale