Myrtle Beach SC 55+ Communities Learn more about 55+ communities - both adult and retirement communities - in Myrtle Beach South Carolina
Retirement Communities in Myrtle Beach SC
If you’re looking for the perfect place to retire, there’s no better city than Myrtle Beach. Myrtle Beach is full of great communities that are ideal for retirement, with amenities that make retirement living in the city the perfect choice. What is considered a retirement community?
A retirement community is typically a housing complex or residential community that is specifically designed for older adults. These communities and neighborhoods offer a strong sense of community, which is important when choosing the right retirement community in Myrtle Beach South Carolina.
Benefits for Retirees in Myrtle Beach
The ideal retirement spots offer outstanding healthcare facilities that cater to the needs of their senior citizens. Low retirement taxes, reasonable cost of living, and great recreational opportunities are some other attributes that retirees look for when choosing the right place to settle down. Jerry Pinkas Real Estate explains how and why Myrtle Beach fares well on all counts.
Lower Retirement and Property Taxes
Besides special benefits for retirees, the state has overall friendly tax policies. First and foremost, South Carolina has low income and property tax rates. Plus it offers a retirement income deduction to retired people. Moreover, seniors can also take advantage of the homestead exemption for further lowering their property taxes. These varied tax benefits coupled with an overall low cost of living including the affordability of oceanfront houses make Myrtle Beach an economically feasible spot for retirees, allowing them to enjoy a good standard of living with their retirement funds and savings.
Proximity to Quality Healthcare
Understandably, retired people looking for easy access to reliable healthcare. The good news is that Myrtle Beach hosts an ever-expanding retiree population and therefore has a well-developed healthcare sector with institutes that specialize in different branches of medicine to suit all needs.
Social and Recreational Opportunities
A long stretch of coastline is a big boon for retirees as it opens up a plethora of relaxing activities to indulge in. Seniors can look forward to swimming or simply lounging by the shore with a favorite read or when catching beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Furthermore, Myrtle Beach also houses golf courses, restaurants, and clubs, where retirees can mingle and build relationships in their community. The city also hosts events that increase the number of socializing opportunities for senior adults to connect with other residents.
What’s not to love about Myrtle Beach? To become a part of the 55+ retirement communities in Myrtle Beach, browse our houses for sale in the city.
Here’s a list of all the neighborhoods and communities that are ideal for retirement in Myrtle Beach.
More 55+ Communities
- Myrtle Beach SC Homes For Sale
- North Myrtle Beach Homes For Sale
- Horry County Homes for Sale
- Homes for Sale in Carolina Forest SC
- Cherry Grove SC Homes for Sale
- Conway SC Guide – Plan Your Move To Conway South Carolina
- Garden City SC Guide – Plan Your Move To The Beach – Garden City SC
- Grande Dunes Homes For Sale
- Little River SC Homes For Sale
- Longs and Loris SC
- Murrells Inlet Guide – Plan Your Move To The Beach – Murrells Inlet SC
- Pawleys Island SC Guide to Homes for Sale
- Surfside Beach SC Homes For Sale
- Myrtle Beach SC 55+ Communities
- Golf Course Homes for Sale in Myrtle Beach, SC
- Intracoastal Waterway Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Luxury Homes
- New Homes For Sale In Myrtle Beach SC
- THE BEST Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Condo Resorts
- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Homes For Sale